Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Candy Cane Cake Pops! DIY

I made these cake pops as a trial before Christmas (going to make fresh ones closer to Christmas) and they turned out great!

I used chocolate cake mix (easier), but then made my own icing for the inside. The icing recipe I got from here: http://www.52kitchenadventures.com/2011/12/05/peppermint-chocolate-cake-pops/ except I added an extra cup of icing sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract (I didn't have enough candy canes). I also found that this recipe made way too much icing- so I saved the leftover to make the cake pops again in 1 week.


candy cane cake pops
finished festive cake pops




cake pops


sprinkled crushed candy canes on top


white chocolate, crushed candy canes, and lollipop sticks


rolled up- ready to chill in the fridge for 2 hours


mixed icing (3 scoops) and the crumbled cake


candy cane icing


chocolate cake





No comments:

Post a Comment